We have created a video of the new venue to provide access information ahead of the event.
Please be assured that we will be ensuring the accessibility of the festival will not be impacted by the change of venue. In fact we have made the following improvements!
1.) We are pleased to announce that we will have a ‘Mobiloo’ on site which a mobile ‘Changing Places’ standard accessible loo which has plenty of room, changing facilities and hoists. Please see this video for more information on ‘Mobiloo’ –
2.) For the first time we are going to have ‘Performance BSL Interpreters’ who will be there for any deaf festival goers. They are amazing and really bring the performances to life, rather than just letting people know the lyrics – “Performance Interpreting is creative, reflective and dynamic…Liberating the audience to feel completely in the moment, capturing the very essence of the experience. A true reflection of music and language expressed with soul, passion and understanding. An Artist’s gift is to entertain us with their talent, to stimulate our senses. Performance Interpreting allows Deaf Sign Language Users to come together with family and friends to share in the magic.”
- By Metro
- On the Tyne & Wear Metro System take the metro to Gateshead then Follow the instructions for travel by bus.
(Please be aware that there is engineering works between South Gosforth and Shiremoor stations.)
- By Bus
- No 53 leaves from Gateshead Interchange stopping on Brinkburn Avenue, which leads directly to Saltwell Park.
No 54 leaves from Gateshead Interchange stopping on Saltwell View, which runs along the Park’s northern boundary.
No 54 returns from the Park to Gateshead Interchange.
Service and assistance
- Ticket / Wristband exchange
- Festival attendees will be required to provide the name the ticket(s) were booked under at the event box office. Attendees will then be provided with a wristband, providing full access to the Chase Park Festival site.
- Strobe Lighting
- Strobe lighting will not be used during any of the performances at Chase Park Festival 2017.
- Accessible toilets
- Specialist accessible toilets, hoisting and changing facilities are available and directions will be clearly indicated on the day (see map). Stewards will be available to provide directions to the toliets.
- Assistance Dogs
- Chase Park is a public park and provides access to dog waste bins. It is advised that those with dogs bring their own dog waste bags. Water for dogs can be made available on request by contacting the stewards.
- Medical services
- Medical and first aid services will be provided and there will be a clearly marked ambulance on site. Information regarding the location of medical services will be available via the event stewards and at the Chase Park box office.